Swimming Pool Owner's Blog
- Category: Blog
- Created on Thursday, 13 March 2014 02:10
- Hits: 117899
Find below our 11 easy steps to Winterise your swimming pool and help keep it clear all winter.
- Backwash the pool filters, if you have a cartridge filter for best results clean the cartridge with Zodiac Cartridge Cleaner 125g this will ensure to remove all oils and contaminants as well as improves filtration efficiency.
- Remove all debris from all skimmer baskets and pump baskets.
- Lubricate all O-rings with silicone-based lubricant.
- Adjust the waters pH to between 7.2 and 7.6 by adding Hydrochloric Acid if the pH is above 7.6 or Alkalinity Up (Sodium Bicarbonate (buffer)) if is below 7.2.
- Check the salt chlorinator cell and clean the cell if necessary with a Zodiac Salt Cell Cleaner.
- How to Super Chlorinate your swimming pool
- For a 50,000 pool add 1L Long Life Algaecide to pool water.
- If you have a Sand Filter add 200ml of Phosphate Remover to the skimmer basket for Cartridge Filters add 100ml, the reduced amount for Cartridges is to stop the element from blanketing with debris.
- Add 1 Zodiac Sparkle Clarifier Tablet to the skimmer basket (only for Sand Filters).
- Broom the pool walls and floor and run for a 10 hour period.
- Adjust the pool timer to 6 hours (depending on pool size) and the Salt Water Chlorinator output to ensure a level of 1-2 ppm of free available chlorine.
If you have any questions please talk to one of our friendly staff at (07) 3396 4993 or email Bayside Pool & Spa directly.